Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About



Rooney wants to be United’s captain one day!

Well now what do you know off-ankle Wayne Rooney wants to be Manchester United’s captain. He needs to sort out his ankle problems first, what good is a captain on the injury list?

It is not surprising when the 22-year-old, who has been an Old Trafford boy for three years, says he would like to be seen in the same light as Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville. I feel he needs another two years to prove his leadership capabilities. It is one thing to play well, but quite another to be leading your club on the pitch.

“But, as I say, there are still a few people there now who would probably be likely captains so you never know.
“I love playing at United and hopefully one day, if I got chosen to be captain, then it would be a great honour,” he told Sport magazine.

“If I got the chance to be captain of United then I would be delighted with that.” Rooney said.

“I think you play football to win things, to make people happy and to make history,” he continued. “If I can have half of the success that the Busby Babes did at United then I’d be delighted with that. You definitely want to be remembered and not forgotten, so I suppose everybody wants to be a part of history.” Rooney closed off.

Rooney was also heard saying that he wants to be a legend one day that people will remember long after he has gone. He is playing very well this season and if he carries on then he will indeed be revered one day as a true United hero.

Posted by gjoe 3:57 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment