Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About



No worries for Wazza


Wayne Rooney claims United's fortunes as a team are more important to him than his own goalscoring record.


The striker, who has scored 16 goals this term, has come under an intense media spotlight for his sporadic record in front of goal, but he claims he is far from worried by his form.

"We are top of the League at the moment so I'm not really worried," he told MUTV. "We are playing well and scoring goals - the team is scoring goals, so that doesn't concern me.

"If I was missing chances and it cost us points, of course it would be a problem. But we are winning all our games, so it doesn't deter me.

"People have been scoring and the defence has been brilliant as well. I want to play well. As a footballer you want to be the best and want to win. I'm the same - I want to win and hate to lose, but I think all the players in the dressing room will say that."

The 21-year-old striker has openly aimed to better his goalscoring exploits each term, and he is just four goals short of doing just that with well over a month of the campaign remaining.

"I have always said I want to improve on my previous goal tally," he said. "I scored 19 last season and I'm just looking to beat that really and do well for the team."

Rooney claims United hold the advantage going into a nail-biting home straight of the title race, but found time to salute the enduring challenge of reigning champions Chelsea.

"It is getting close to the end of the season now, we are on a great run," he said. "But credit to Chelsea, they have been as well. We have the advantage being six points ahead and it will be a tight run-in as well, but it's in our favor"

Posted by gjoe 3:33 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment